The brakes are also called brake pads. Generally consists of steel plate, bonding insulation layer and friction block, the steel plate should be coated to rust, coating process with SMT-4 temperature tracking instrument to detect the coating process of thermal distribution to ensure quality.
Brake pads in the car's braking system, the brake pads are the most critical safety parts, all of the brake effect is the brake pads play a decisive role, so good brake pads are people and cars protection God. The insulating layer is composed of non heat-transfer materials with the aim of heat insulation. The friction block is composed of friction material and adhesive, which is squeezed on the brake disc or brake drum to produce friction, so as to achieve the goal of vehicle deceleration brake. Because of the friction, friction blocks will gradually be worn, generally speaking, the lower the cost of the brake pads wear faster.
The brakes work mainly from friction, using brake pads and brake discs (drums) and tires and ground friction to convert the kinetic energy of the vehicle into a friction heat, stopping the car. A good efficient braking system must provide a stable, sufficient, controllable braking force, and has good hydraulic transmission and heat dissipation ability to ensure that the force of the driver from the brake pedal can be fully and effectively transmitted to the total pump and the pump, and avoid the high fever caused by hydraulic failure and brake decay.
The replacement of the brake pads depends on how long your gasket has been used in your car life. Generally if you have to exercise more than 10000 miles (about 16000 km) the brake pads will need to be replaced. However, if you hear the noise from your wheels, no matter how many miles you have, you should replace the brake pads. If you're not sure how many kilometers you've exercised, you might go to a free pad store, buy the brakes or go to the car service store to install them.
1. The normal driving conditions of every 5000 kilometers to the brake shoe inspection, not only to check the remaining thickness, but also to check the state of the hoof wear, the degree of wear on both sides is the same, the return is free and so on, found that abnormal conditions must be dealt with immediately.
2. Brake shoes are generally composed of iron lining plate and friction material, must not wait for friction material parts are not worn before the replacement of the hoof piece. For example, the Jetta's front brake shoe, the new film thickness of 14 mm, and the replacement limit thickness is 7 mm, including 3 mm more iron liner thickness and nearly 4 mm of friction material thickness. Some vehicles with brake shoe alarm function, once reached the wear limit, the instrument will be alerted to change the hoof piece. To reach the use limit of the hoof piece must be replaced, even if it can be used for a period of time, will also reduce the braking effect, affect the safety of driving.
3. Replace the original spare parts to provide the brake pads, only in this way, the brake pads and brake disc between the best braking effect, wear the smallest.
4. The replacement of the hoof film must use a special tool to the brake pump top back. Can not be hard to press back with other crowbar, so easy to lead the brake clamp guide screw bending, so that the brake piece card die.
5. After the replacement, must step on a few feet to brake to eliminate the gap between the shoe and brake disc, resulting in the first foot did not brake, prone to accidents.
6. After the replacement of the brake shoes, the need to run 200 km to achieve the best braking effect, just changed the hoof piece should be cautious driving
How to replace the brake pads:
1. Pull the brakes, will need to change the brake wheel wheels screw Loose (note is loosen, do not completely twist down). Use a jack to make the car the most. Then unload the tires. Before braking, it is best to use a dedicated brake cleaning fluid in the braking system to spray a spray to avoid powder into the respiratory tract, affect health.
2. Remove the brake caliper screws (for some cars, just unscrew one of them and then loosen the other)
3. Hang the brake caliper with ropes to avoid damage to the brake pipe. Then remove the old brake pads.
4. Use c clamp to push the brake piston back to the top. (Please note that before this step, lift the hood and unscrew the lid of the brake oil box, as the liquid level of the brake fluid rises as the top brakes the piston). Put the new brake pads on.
5. Put the brake caliper back, caliper screws to twist to the required torque. Put the tires back and the hub screws tighten slightly.
6. Put down the jack, screw the hub screws completely.
7. Because in the process of changing the brake pads, we will brake the piston to the inside of the top, just start to brake when it will be very empty. It's good to step on a few consecutive steps.
- Brake Disc Introduced
- Concept Of Brake Disc
- Classification Of The Brake Disc
- On The Function Of Brake Discs
- Advantages Of Brakes Disc Brakes
- Disadvantages Of Brakes Disc Brakes
- Brake Disc Introduced
- Advantages And Disadvantages Of Bra...
- Design Requirement Of Brake Disc
- Brake Drum Of A Brief Introduction
- What Is The Auto Parts